|J is #11|
I went to J's basketball game, for the first time, since he wouldn't let me come before. But now my husband's schedule prevents him from going. I took a bunch of pictures and had fun watching. I didn't even embarrass J once! The next day we played 3 on 3 as a family so J could practice some basketball skills, and it was a lot of fun until I landed on my foot wrong. I injured a ligament way back in 9th grade, and it has always given me problems since then (we opted not to have surgery). I used to always wear high-top shoes for support and to avoid accidents, but I haven't worn them for a long time and well, this is what happened when I thought I could play like I used to. Oops. It turned many fancy colors, was painful for a couple of days, and now it's just sore. I'm grateful for arnica, helichrysum, essential oil blends, and M for remembering where my support brace was!
There haven't been many other exciting events, just regular life. M and E spent their gift cards, we did some grocery shopping, I finally started taxes (I'm usually done by this date!), and everyone did great at getting school done on time or early.
- History was a celebration about the westward movement. We chose to watch the movie 17 Miracles.
- We began studying Robert Frost's poetry in literature. We focused on his poem The Pasture, and learned about the speaker of a poem and how the prophet is the speaker for the Lord.
- Our science lesson was all about smell. The kids were pretty fascinated by how that sense works!
- For geography we talked about sacred stories from a variety of religions.
- Music was a lesson about Sergei Rachmaninoff; we listened to a bunch of his compositions and learned about his life.